Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Word of Mouth - Segment
Mon April 9, 2012
Back to the table...
From the competitive scribbling of after-dinner Pictionary, to the endurance-test that is a family game of Monopoly, board games often reveal a great deal about the players around the table...
Classic board games like Sorry, Risk, and Clue are now regarded with a kind of genteel nostalgia. But not so fast…Leon Neyfakh writes for the "Ideas" section of The Boston Globe. He reported on what many are calling a renaissance in board games, fueled largely by devotees of so-called “German-style" designer board games.