Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Word of Mouth - Segment
Mon April 9, 2012
Back to the table...
From the competitive scribbling of after-dinner Pictionary, to the endurance-test that is a family game of Monopoly, board games often reveal a great deal about the players around the table...
Classic board games like Sorry, Risk, and Clue are now regarded with a kind of genteel nostalgia. But not so fast…Leon Neyfakh writes for the "Ideas" section of The Boston Globe. He reported on what many are calling a renaissance in board games, fueled largely by devotees of so-called “German-style" designer board games.