Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Tue April 16, 2013
Bankruptcy Affects More Than Patriot Coal's Retired Miners
Originally published on Tue April 16, 2013 2:04 pm
Retired miners are converging on St. Louis Tuesday for a union rally to protest a proposed cut in health benefits. Patriot Coal is in bankruptcy and has asked a federal judge to allow it to shed most of the health coverage for nearly 10,000 retired miners. But most of those miners never worked a day for Patriot.