First the latest on impacts of the severe weather we’re seeing in the region, from roads to the power grid. Then, the battle to save the bats: we're talking with a UNH researcher about signs of resilience among bats, devastated by white-nose syndrome, and new findings about their immune systems that could lead to treatments for some human diseases.
- Jeff Foster – assistant professor of genetics at UNH. His research focuses include bats.
- Kevin Olival - ecologist and evolutionary biologist who has been researching emerging infectious diseases for over a decade, with a strong focus on bat research.
To hear just the bats segment:
- Bill Boynton – spokesperson for the N.H. Department of Transportation.
- Michael Todd – public information officer for N.H.’s Dept of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
- Beth Dinan – reporter for Seacoast Online. She is in Portsmouth this morning covering the storm.
- Martin Murray - spokesman for Public Service of New Hampshire
Listen here for just the storm segment: