Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Fri February 1, 2013
Beach House On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon February 25, 2013 3:05 pm
Sitting down with Beach House is a bit like listening to the band's music. No matter how many times we feature Victoria Legrand and Alex Scally, they impress with their relaxed complexity and refreshing insight into how music can work.
Last May, the duo released its fourth album, Bloom, which dramatically boosted the profile of Beach House's dreamy, hazy sound. Since then, Legrand and Scally have toured extensively and worked on other projects, including a new short film called Forever Still.
In today's episode of World Café, the band plays songs from Bloom and offers insight into its creative process.
This World Cafe session was originally published on February 1, 2013.