Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Wed October 30, 2013
Ben Kilham's New Book, "Out On A Limb"
In his new book, New Hampshire’s Ben Kilham describes what he’s learned in his twenty years studying these creatures. Contrary to their image as solitary and not-that-intelligent, Kilham finds bears capable of altruism, and cooperation. He even finds them possess a complex communication system, as well as social behaviors that at times look a lot like ours.
- Ben Kilham – Independent Wildlife Biologist. He is licensed by the State of New Hampshire as a Wildlife Rehabilitator, with a special license to conduct research on black bears. Ben is an author of two books about his research, “Among the Bears, Raising Orphan Cubs in the Wild” and his latest book dealing with adult bear social interactions, “Out on a Limb”, as well as a noted educator and cinematographer.
All Things Considered