These days, family cars are equipped with all sorts of bells and whistles: from text message alerts to - vacuum cleaners? It might sound superfluous, but mother and family car test driver Jamie Page Deaton tells us why the vacuum cleaner - and other family car extras - can be incredibly useful in unexpected life moments. While she appreciates those extra perks, her top two concerns when test driving family cars, SUVs, and minivans are safety and space.
Listen to Virginia Prescott's conversation with Jamie Page Deaton and click Read more to see the full list of best family cars.
Here is Jamie Page Deaton's list of best family cars, SUVs, and minivans.
- Compact Cars: Mazda Mazda3
- Upscale Small Cars: Buick Verano
- Hatchbacks: Mazda Mazda3
- Midsize Cars: Mazda Mazda6
- Upscale Midsize Cars: Cadillac ATS
- Large Cars: Chevrolet Impala
- Luxury Large Cars: Cadillac CTS
- Hybrid Cars: Ford Fusion Hybrid
- Wagons: Subaru Outback
SUVS and Minivans
- Compact SUVs: Mazda CX-5
- Luxury Compact SUVs: Audi Q5
- 2-Row Midsize SUVs: Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 3-Row Midsize SUVs: Buick Enclave
- Luxury 2-Row Midsize SUVs: Lexus RX 350
- Luxury 3-Row Midsize SUVs: Acura MDZX
- Large SUVs: Chevrolet Tahoe
- Luxury Large SUVs: Toyota Land Cruiser
- Hybrid SUVs: Lexus RX Hybrid
- Minivans: Honda Odyssey