Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- The Polish Princess: Baking Bread And Helping The Economy One Job At a Time
Thu December 5, 2013
Better Tourism Through Cookies
All this month Foodstuffs is looking at baking – something many of us do around this time of year. And we’ll meet a range of people who bake at the holidays for a range of different reasons. For some innkeepers and bed and breakfast operators in the White Mountains, baking cookies is good for tourism.
That’s the idea behind the annual Inn to Inn Holiday Cookie and Candy Tour, which takes place December 14th and 15th.
Tim Ostendorf is co-owner of the Inn at Crystal Lake in Eaton, New Hampshire; he helps organize the tour. He talks about the event and his cookie tips with NHPR's Brady Carlson.