Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Around the Nation
Mon February 11, 2013
Blizzard Conditions Don't Stop Happy Events
Originally published on Mon February 11, 2013 11:41 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with tales of the New England blizzard. Donna Ambrosia went into labor in Norwich, Connecticut. She inched toward the hospital in an ambulance behind a snowplow and the baby was born in the parking lot. In Portland, Maine, Karen Willis and Greg Beal went ahead with their wedding. Some guests didn't make it, but the bride says it's like the blizzard before her parents married, and the groom declared: Weather be damned, it's been a great day.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.