Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
All Things Considered
Mon August 12, 2013
Building A Family, One Mountain Climb At A Time
In 2011, author Dan Szczesny and his wife unexpectedly became caretakers to two nine-year-olds. One of them, a girl named Janelle, joins Dan on a quest to hike the New Hampshire mountains known as the “52 with a view.” That quest is the basis for Dan’s book The Adventures of Buffalo and Tough Cookie.
As part of our August series of conversations with authors who write in or about New Hampshire, Dan and Janelle talk with All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about what they learned about each other and themselves while taking in some of the most scenic views in the Granite State.