Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Cain UL Flap
Thu November 17, 2011
Cain's a No-Show for Union Leader Interview
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is facing questions about why he didn’t show up for a Union Leader editorial board interview.
According to the Union Leader, an hour-long interview with Herman Cain was confirmed on Tuesday. The newspaper agreed not to videotape the interview.
Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon says the campaign then told the Union Leader the candidate could not take a full hour.
"We wanted to do the ed board for 20 minutes. But the Union Leader decided that wasn’t worth it so they cancelled it this morning.”
That’s not what the newspaper’s editorial page editor, Drew Cline, and another reporter understood. Cline says they were expecting Cain.
“Well we waited. And finally after about half an hour, John DiStaso and I just went back to working,”
Cline notes, plans changed the day after video of Cain hunting for a response to a question on Libya went viral.
The Cain campaign says it is trying to reschedule.