Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon September 24, 2012
Canadian Man Returns To Ireland To Find Lost Love
Originally published on Mon September 24, 2012 11:10 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Sandy Crocker has gone more than 500 miles for love. The Canadian man was touring in Ireland when he met a freckled woman with reddish brown hair. They spoke for a couple minutes at a café, then she left. Back in Canada, he was heartbroken.
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "I'M GONNA BE (500 MILES)")
THE PROCLAIMERS: (Singing) But I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more...
GREENE: Now Crocker's back in Ireland and plans to spend a months searching for the girl who got away. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.