Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- N.H. Leaders Brainstorm How To Tackle Heroin Uptick
All Things Considered
Wed January 23, 2013
Channeling Granny D: North Carolina Actress Portrays New Hampshire Activist
This week marks what would have been the 103rd birthday of Doris Haddock, better known by the name Granny D.
She made national headlines in the late 1990’s for walking across the country, 3200 miles, to highlight the issue of campaign finance reform, just ahead of her 90th birthday.
Doris Haddock died in 2010 at age 100, but you might be able to hear her voice at a birthday party in her honor in Keene.
Actress Barbara Bates Smith will perform as Granny D at that event, and she joins All Things Considered host Brady Carlson with a preview.