Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
- Is Party Company 'FinnaRage' To Blame For Keene Riots?
- First Of Five Health Insurers Outline 2015 Exchange Plans
All Things Considered
Wed January 23, 2013
Channeling Granny D: North Carolina Actress Portrays New Hampshire Activist
This week marks what would have been the 103rd birthday of Doris Haddock, better known by the name Granny D.
She made national headlines in the late 1990’s for walking across the country, 3200 miles, to highlight the issue of campaign finance reform, just ahead of her 90th birthday.
Doris Haddock died in 2010 at age 100, but you might be able to hear her voice at a birthday party in her honor in Keene.
Actress Barbara Bates Smith will perform as Granny D at that event, and she joins All Things Considered host Brady Carlson with a preview.