Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Fri November 23, 2012
Christmas Is About The Gold-Plated Christmas Tree
Originally published on Fri November 23, 2012 1:53 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Christmas is not about the gifts. Christmas is about the gold-plated Christmas tree. A Tokyo jewelry store is selling the tree for $4.2 million, a price tag explained not only by the steep price of gold, but also by the craftsmanship. A team of workers decorated this tree with handcrafted Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Tinker Bell and Cinderella. For those on a budget, there is a smaller version of the tree for a quarter million dollars. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.