Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Wed December 18, 2013
Closures On I-293 As Officials Work To Remove Rolled-Over Propane Truck
A propane truck rollover on Interstate 293 this morning is expected to cause significant traffic delays into the afternoon.
At 11:30, state police and transportation officials began what could be at least a three-hour operation to try to turn the vehicle upright.
Department of Transportation spokesman Bill Boynton says that will require an extensive rerouting of traffic, both northbound and southbound on I-293.
“For at least a three-hour period, beginning at 11:30, I-293 southbound will be closed after the Hooksett tolls at the I-293/93 split and all traffic will be directed to I-93 southbound. I-293 northbound will be closed at Exit 6, which is the Amoskeag Circle and traffic will have to cross the Merrimack River Bridge and head north on US-3.”
Boynton says also during that time, Route 3-A will be closed because of its proximity to the accident.
Authorities are evacuating residents living within a half-mile of the crash as a precaution.