Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue October 8, 2013
Collaborative Surgery Center In Nashua Will Offer Cheaper Procedures
Two hospitals and a health clinic in Nashua, N.H., are teaming up to open a new outpatient surgery center.
The Surgery Center of Greater Nashua brings together St. Joseph Hospital, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nashua. Its first procedure — a knee surgery — is scheduled for Tuesday, with a ceremonial opening on Wednesday.
Officials told The Telegraph that surgery at the new center will be cheaper than hospital surgery because of lower overhead costs and faster turnaround between surgeries. They say the collaborative effort also keeps costs down because it would have been much more expensive for the partners to build their own separate centers.