Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Tue October 8, 2013
Collaborative Surgery Center In Nashua Will Offer Cheaper Procedures
Two hospitals and a health clinic in Nashua, N.H., are teaming up to open a new outpatient surgery center.
The Surgery Center of Greater Nashua brings together St. Joseph Hospital, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nashua. Its first procedure — a knee surgery — is scheduled for Tuesday, with a ceremonial opening on Wednesday.
Officials told The Telegraph that surgery at the new center will be cheaper than hospital surgery because of lower overhead costs and faster turnaround between surgeries. They say the collaborative effort also keeps costs down because it would have been much more expensive for the partners to build their own separate centers.