Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu June 6, 2013
The Coming Of Common Core
All week, NHPR Education reporter Sam Evans Brown has been looking at a massive transition underway the Granite State, a new set of school standards known as the Common Core. Educators nationwide have been shifting toward this new system. We’ll find out kind of discussions are taking place at our local schools among teachers, principals and students.
- Nicole Heimarck: Director of Curriculum and Professional Development for S-A-U 39, which includes the districts of Amherst, Mont Vernon and Souhegan.
- Sam Evans-Brown: Education Reporter for NHPR. He just completed a series on Common Core, which ran this week on NHPR.
We'll also hear from
- Debra Armsfield: former Principal, Director of Professional Learning in the Timberlane Regional District.
- Amy Parsons: fifth-grade teacher at the Lancaster Elementary School in the White Mountains Regional School District.
- Ben Dick: English teacher at Memorial High School in Manchester and president of the Manchester Education Association.