Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Around the Nation
Wed December 12, 2012
Commission Probes N.Y. Power Loss After Hurricane Sandy
Originally published on Wed December 12, 2012 7:01 am
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo promised to hold the Long Island Power Authority accountable for its performance after Superstorm Sandy. He appointed a special commission to look at how the utility performed. The commission had a meeting Tuesday night on Long Island, where thousands lost power, in some cases for weeks.