Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Tue October 22, 2013
Common Applicaton Glitch Forces Dartmouth To Postpone Early Admission
Dartmouth College officials say technical problems with the Common Application are prompting them to postpone the deadline for early admissions applications by one week.
The deadline has been changed from Nov. 1 to Nov. 8.
Student newspaper The Dartmouth reports reports the Admissions Office received calls from concerned students, counselors and students who were having trouble creating accounts to utilize the Common Application software.
This marks the third time in three years that the deadline has been extended. Last year's extension was prompted by Hurricane Sandy. The year before a freak October snowstorm the caused extensive power outages prompted a one-week postponement.
The college's Admissions Office anticipates all software problems surrounding the Common App — as it's known — will be resolved by Jan. 1.