Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Fri September 13, 2013
Concord Airport To Receive Grant For Safety Improvements
The Concord Municipal Airport will get nearly $2.5 million in federal grant funds to help improve airport safety.
The grant, administered through the Federal Aviation Administration, will fund a new taxiway to allow aircraft to prepare for flight more safely.
Currently, to prepare for flight, planes at the Concord airport must taxi on the runway, leaving them at greater risk for collision. The new taxiway will allow the aircraft to prepare for takeoff away from the runway and out of reach of other aircraft and vehicles.
Rep. Annie Kuster announced the grant Thursday.