Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Thu November 8, 2012
Coos County: Voted for Obama, Hassan
President Obama and gubernatorial candidate Maggie Hassan were the winners in Coos County on Tuesday.
According to official results now available from the New Hampshire Secretary of State Obama received 9,095 votes in Coos compared to 6,342 for Mitt Romney.
Towns that voted for Romney included Clarksville; Colebrook; Columbia; Errol; Jefferson; Pittsburg and Stewartstown.
But those victories were offset by areas including Berlin where Romney had 1,248 votes compared to Obama’s 2,863.
In Gorham Romney had 524 votes compared to 1,020 for Obama.
Lancaster also went for Obama as did Northumberland and Whitefield.
In the 2008 general election Obama also won in Coos with 9,532 votes compared to John McCain’s 6,558.
In the gubernatorial race Hassan got 8,929 votes compared to Lamontagne’s 6,069.
Hassan was particularly strong in Berlin where she got 2,824 votes compared to 1,248 for Lamontagne.
In Gorham Hassan got 1,016 votes to Lamontagne’s 474.
She also had significant victory margins in Lancaster, Milan, Northumberland, Randolph and Whitefield.
Lamontagne won in towns including Colebrook, Pittsburg, Stewartstown, Jefferson and Columbia.
For other election results go here.