Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon August 5, 2013
'Countdown City': A Second Mystery Novel For Pre-Apocalypse Concord
This month on All Things Considered we’re looking at authors who write in or around New Hampshire.
We start with a series of detective novels set in New Hampshire against a backdrop of a coming apocalypse. In the Edgar Award-winning first book, The Last Policeman, author Ben H Winters introduced us to a young detective in Concord, Hank Palace, trying to solve a murder while the world braces for collision with a massive asteroid.
The second book in the series has just been released. It’s called Countdown City, and Ben H. Winters talks with All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about why Detective Hank Palace keeps working when the rest of society is falling apart.
All Things Considered