Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Fri July 25, 2014
Crisis On The Border Comes To The White House
President Obama meets today with leaders from Central America to discuss what to do about the influx of thousands of children coming into the U.S. illegally from their countries. He’s meeting with the presidents of Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.
Today’s meeting comes as the president considers a plan to give refugee status to young people coming from Honduras. But Congress is deeply split on a response to the crisis, which President Obama’s critics say was triggered by his own policies.
Univision anchor Maria Elena Salinas joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to discuss what this could mean for the child migrants, especially those from Honduras.