Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Word of Mouth
Wed May 15, 2013
CrowdMed: Diagnosing Unsolved Sicknesses With Crowdsourcing
After using email and using a search engine, looking for health information is the third most popular web activity for internet users. That’s according to a 2011 study by the Pew Internet & American Life Project. A new website combines that quest with the popularity of online crowd-sourcing...or putting communal wisdom to work on perplexing problems. CrowdMed is a site for crowd-sourcing medical diagnoses. It uses the collective wisdom of some actual – and mostly armchair -medical professionals to solve tough medical cases and diagnose rare diseases that left traditional healthcare professionals stumped.
Jared Heyman is founder of the online market research firm Infosurv, his new venture is CrowdMed. welcome to word of mouth.
Clare Martorana worked previously as a general manager and editor-at-large of Web-MD, and now serves as an advisor for CrowdMed.