Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Word of Mouth
Thu July 26, 2012
Olivia Merilahti and Dan Levy met in 2005 working on a soundtrack for the French film, Empire of the Wolves – the songs they wrote afterwards would eventually be released under the name “The Dø.” The online release of their first four songs had built “The Dø” an instant fan base – and with almost no experience playing live shows as a band, Dan and Olivia suddenly found themselves in front of packed audiences at a series of sold-out Parisian concerts. Two full-length albums and hundreds of performances later, Word of Mouth producer Taylor Quimby caught up with “The Dø” on their ongoing U.S. tour, and asked front woman Olivia Merihlati whether she as prepared for the band’s overnight success.
Check out this music video On My Shoulders...
You can catch the “The Dø” on the East Coast this Sunday night, the 29th, when they’ll be headlining at T.T. the Bears in Cambridge, Massachusets.