Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
Wed October 16, 2013
Deconstructing The Debt Ceiling
By Laura Knoy
With a deadline looming for the US to hit its borrowing limit, and amid a lengthening partial federal shutdown, we’re looking at the latest efforts in Washington to resolve this, and also at the impact on our country and our state.
- Matthew J. Slaughter is professor and associate dean at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College. He is also currently an adjunct Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and a member of the Congressional Budget Office's Panel of Economic Advisers.