Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed October 16, 2013
Deconstructing The Debt Ceiling
By Laura Knoy
With a deadline looming for the US to hit its borrowing limit, and amid a lengthening partial federal shutdown, we’re looking at the latest efforts in Washington to resolve this, and also at the impact on our country and our state.
- Matthew J. Slaughter is professor and associate dean at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College. He is also currently an adjunct Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and a member of the Congressional Budget Office's Panel of Economic Advisers.