Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed November 7, 2012
Democrats Make Gains On Executive Council
Democrats seized at least two Executive seats last night, breaking Republican control over the council.
Chris Pappas defeated Bob Burns in a highly publicized Manchester-area race. The two men vied for Ray Wieczorek's seat after the Republican announced he would not seek re-election.
In his first bid for political office, Democrat Colin Van Ostern handily defeated incumbent Michael Tierney in District 2.
The race in western New Hampshire remained close as of early this morning, with Democrat Debora Pignatelli leading Dave Wheeler by several points. If she wins, she will reclaim her seat which she lost in 2010.
A possible Democratic majority on the council will mark a sharp departure from the past two years, where there were five male Republican members.