Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
The Picture Show
Fri November 23, 2012
Don't Like Shopping? Take Pictures Instead
Originally published on Thu November 29, 2012 5:36 pm
If you like photographing, but are somehow not enticed by long lines, getting elbowed in the ribs and cut off by shopping carts in pursuit of a red tag sale, Picture Black Friday might give you another excuse to get out there today.
"I think there are enough people turning the economy over," says Sandy Carson. "I'd rather just make photos and be an observer."
This is the fourth year that Carson has participated in the crowd-sourced photojournalism project. Picture Black Friday, the website states, "aims to revisit and analyze a combination of forces — a worsening economy, financial desperation, excitement, fear and a distinctly American cultural tradition — that culminate the morning after Thanksgiving."
Whether you're shopping or shooting, good luck out there. I'll be eating leftovers.