Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Wed October 3, 2012
Downton Abbey's New England Connection
American audiences will have to wait until January before the popular drama, Downton Abbey returns to PBS. Meanwhile, New Hampshire has its own peculiar connection to the masterpiece classic, detailed in a new exhibit at the Porstmouth Athenaeum. Downton Abbey: The Porstmouth Connection profiles the life of Catherine Wendell and Castle Highclere, around which Downton Abbey is loosely based. Ronan Donahoe is curating the exhibit, and has spent ages cataloging more than eighty boxes pictures and correspondence donated to the Athenaeum by the Wendell family and he joins us today.
The season 3 preview of Downton Abbey: