Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Word of Mouth
Tue September 18, 2012
Eating Your Way to Alzheimer's
While still in its early stages, a growing body of research reveals connections between diets heavy in fatty, sugary foods and the development of Alzheimer’s and possible other health problems. Those same high-calorie foods are blamed for the diabetes epidemic now weighing America down. A flurry of new evidence has led some researchers to wonder whether Alzheimer’s may be a version of diabetes that hits the brain. Some scientists are calling Alzheimer's “Type 3 Diabetes.” Science writer Bijal Trivedi wrote about the new findings for New Scientist.