Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Tue September 18, 2012
Eating Your Way to Alzheimer's
While still in its early stages, a growing body of research reveals connections between diets heavy in fatty, sugary foods and the development of Alzheimer’s and possible other health problems. Those same high-calorie foods are blamed for the diabetes epidemic now weighing America down. A flurry of new evidence has led some researchers to wonder whether Alzheimer’s may be a version of diabetes that hits the brain. Some scientists are calling Alzheimer's “Type 3 Diabetes.” Science writer Bijal Trivedi wrote about the new findings for New Scientist.