Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Wed March 21, 2012
Effort to Repeal Same-Sex Marriage Fails
The House on Wednesday decided to keep the state's gay marriage law in place.
Same-sex couples have been able to marry legally since 2009.
The Republican-controlled House voted 211-116 against a repeal.
Gov. John Lynch had pledged to veto the repeal bill if it had passed. The debate on the House floor took more than two hours. New Hampshire is one of eight states that allow gay marriage.