Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Thu October 3, 2013
Exeter Hospital Employees Treated For Scabies
New Hampshire's Exeter Hospital says 33 employees are being treated for scabies after contracting it from a patient at the hospital.
About 300 more staff members are being treated as a precaution, but have not shown symptoms of scabies, a contagious skin condition caused by mites.
The hospital also said it is going to notify 165 patients about a possible exposure.
The hospital said it reported the exposure to state officials on Sept. 27.