Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Thu October 3, 2013
Exeter Hospital Employees Treated For Scabies
New Hampshire's Exeter Hospital says 33 employees are being treated for scabies after contracting it from a patient at the hospital.
About 300 more staff members are being treated as a precaution, but have not shown symptoms of scabies, a contagious skin condition caused by mites.
The hospital also said it is going to notify 165 patients about a possible exposure.
The hospital said it reported the exposure to state officials on Sept. 27.