Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon August 25, 2014
Expect Delays On I-93 Tonight
Motorists on Interstate 93 in southern New Hampshire should expect traffic delays due to a highway blasting operation.
Department of Transportation officials say both the northbound and southbound lanes may experience delays from 6 to 9 p.m. Monday.
Rolling roadblocks will be used to control traffic while workers blast a ledge adjacent to the I-93 interim southbound lane in Windham. Traffic could come to a standstill at times if workers need to remove blasted rock from the road.
The work is being done to accommodate the alignment of the northbound off-ramp as part of the interstate widening project.
The blasting depends on the weather and may be postponed.
Message boards along I-93 will provide notice of the beginning of blasting operations.