Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- From Gertrude Stein To Andy Warhol: Dramatic Readings Of Famous Rejection Letters
Sun July 8, 2012
Fatal Fire in Berlin
A body was found in a burned-out garage in Berlin Sunday afternoon, according to a news release from state and local fire officials.
The fire was reported in a garage at 16 Williamson Avenue about 12:30.
The garage was engulfed in flames when the fire department arrived and the body was found after the fire was extinguished.
The name of the victim was not released and an autopsy is scheduled for Monday.
Fire officials said they are still investigating the cause of the fire but there's a possibility repairs were being made to a vehicle.