Most Active Stories
- Nor'Easter Leaves Thousands Of Granite Staters Without Power, Likely For Days
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- "Sailor Jerry" Ad Man Turns To History-Rich Tamworth For Whiskey Distillery
- Something Wild: Are Golden Eagles Returning To The Granite State?
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
Sun July 8, 2012
Fatal Fire in Berlin
A body was found in a burned-out garage in Berlin Sunday afternoon, according to a news release from state and local fire officials.
The fire was reported in a garage at 16 Williamson Avenue about 12:30.
The garage was engulfed in flames when the fire department arrived and the body was found after the fire was extinguished.
The name of the victim was not released and an autopsy is scheduled for Monday.
Fire officials said they are still investigating the cause of the fire but there's a possibility repairs were being made to a vehicle.