Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Tue February 14, 2012
The Fate of the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
Will Defense cuts hit home in New Hampshire? As a national conversation begins over military base closures, there’s a possibility that the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard could be on the list. Seven years ago, that was the case but a fierce fight helped save the Shipyard. We’ll look at how this federal process is starting up and how “at risk” Portsmouth may be this time around.
- Raymond DuBois - Senior Advisor on International Security Policy and Defense Management Reform at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
- Captain William D. McDonough - Washington Representative for the Seacoast Shipyard Association and Former Commander of the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
We'll also hear from
- Senator Jeanne Shaheen - Democratic U.S. Senator.