Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
All Things Considered
Thu April 5, 2012
Film Highlights Issues Around Maternal Mortality
Christy Turlington Burns is known best for her work as a model, but she and her organization Every Mother Counts have been working on the issue of maternal mortality after experiencing serious complications during her own childbirth.
Her film “No Woman, No Cry” explores issues around maternal mortality in four countries – Tanzania, Guatemala, Bangladesh and the United States. It’s showing tonight in Concord; Christy is taking part in a panel discussion after the screening. She joins All Things Considered host Brady Carlson to talk about some of the issues raised in the film.