Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
So, There's That
Tue July 12, 2011
The First Day I Stood...
A few months ago, we aired a segment with this super smart guy who basically said that sitting down all day is killing us...literally. I don't want to die. So I decided to try standing at work, using this incredibly snazzy standing workstation I borrowed from a company called Ergotron.
It's only day one...and to be fair, it took Taylor Quimby quite a while to put this thing together.
But so far, I don't feel death creeping up on me...at least not yet.
I'll be reporting on the way it feels to work while standing up in a series of blogs about The Summer I Stood. And in a few weeks, I'll catch up with Virginia on the air about whether standing all day is all it's cracked up to be.
So, there's that.