Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Mon April 22, 2013
First Rudman Center Event Attracts Big Names
A series of panel discussions on budget issues helped kick off the opening of the Warren B. Rudman Center at the UNH Law School Monday. The event was jam-packed with big names…
Senators John McCain, Kelly Ayotte and Olympia Snowe among others spent Monday morning discussing the country’s ongoing budget challenges. Former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker gave a keynote speech and talked about why he thinks a grand bargain has yet to be struck in Congress.
“92% percent agreement on principles, 97% said it should be a top priority for the President and the Congress after hearing the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth… the problem: the biggest deficit this country has is a leadership deficit and it’s bigger with Warren Rudman’s passing.”
Monday’s discussions followed a gala held by the school Sunday night to mark the opening of the center.