Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Mon April 22, 2013
First Rudman Center Event Attracts Big Names
A series of panel discussions on budget issues helped kick off the opening of the Warren B. Rudman Center at the UNH Law School Monday. The event was jam-packed with big names…
Senators John McCain, Kelly Ayotte and Olympia Snowe among others spent Monday morning discussing the country’s ongoing budget challenges. Former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker gave a keynote speech and talked about why he thinks a grand bargain has yet to be struck in Congress.
“92% percent agreement on principles, 97% said it should be a top priority for the President and the Congress after hearing the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth… the problem: the biggest deficit this country has is a leadership deficit and it’s bigger with Warren Rudman’s passing.”
Monday’s discussions followed a gala held by the school Sunday night to mark the opening of the center.