Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Sun March 30, 2014
Fish And Game To Offer Free Turkey Hunting Workshop
A free workshop covering the basics of hunting wild turkeys is being held by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department next month in Holderness. Dave Priebe, a hunter education instructor and Quaker Boy Turkey Calls pro staff member, will cover the basics of turkey hunting, turkey calling and turkey hunting safety at the event on Saturday, April 19. The workshop takes place from 9 a.m. to noon at the Owl Brook Hunter Education Center. Fish and Game wildlife biologist Ted Walski will talk about the natural history and behavior of wild turkeys. Pre-registration is required for the workshop. For more information, call 603-536-3954. New Hampshire's spring gobbler season runs from May 3 through May 31. The state's youth turkey hunting weekend takes place April 26-27.
Word of Mouth