Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Word of Mouth
Tue February 26, 2013
Forecasting The Weather: Is The European Model More Accurate?
Computers have long been outperforming humans in complex tasks, including predicting the weather. Weather junkies are accustomed to telegenic meteorologists making predictions in front of dynamic maps. Where they get their data is stirring up a little storm system in the field. Producer Jon Lynch has the story.
Cliff Mass, the meteorologist interviewed for this story wrote a blog post about the European weather model that goes into even further detail.
Around the Nation