Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Word of Mouth
Tue February 26, 2013
Forecasting The Weather: Is The European Model More Accurate?
Computers have long been outperforming humans in complex tasks, including predicting the weather. Weather junkies are accustomed to telegenic meteorologists making predictions in front of dynamic maps. Where they get their data is stirring up a little storm system in the field. Producer Jon Lynch has the story.
Cliff Mass, the meteorologist interviewed for this story wrote a blog post about the European weather model that goes into even further detail.
Around the Nation