Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Sun April 14, 2013
In A Fragmented Cultureverse, Can Pop References Still Pop?
Originally published on Sun April 14, 2013 11:04 am
In film and TV, pop culture references are meant to give a knowing nod to those in the audience who understand the joke. But in an increasingly segmented and diverse country, those jokes may be pulling in fewer laughs. This story originally aired on Morning Edition on Jan. 18, 2013.