Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Fri September 28, 2012
We talk to the author of a new book who says that today’s hovering, hyper-safety-conscious parents are doing their children no favors. In fact, she says, overprotective adults have created a generation of fragile kids who fall apart once they hit the real world. We’ll examine why American childhood has become so restricted, and one mom’s crusade to restore its freedoms.
Lenore Skenazy is the keynote speaker at this year’s N.H. Children in Nature Coalition conference, Oct. 4, at the Castleton Conference Center in Windham, NH.
More information about the conference: http://www.nhchildreninnature.org/events
Skenazy is the author of Free-Range Kids: How to Raise Safe, Self-Reliant Children (Without Going Nuts with Worry) and host of the reality TV show World’s Worst Mom.