Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Fri May 24, 2013
Friday NH News Roundup - Week Of May 20th
The House has spoken on expanded gambling…voting “no” on a casino bill that was a huge priority for the Senate and the Governor. Meanwhile, Senators crunched their budget numbers, and debated the House’s proposal to raise taxes on gasoline and cigarettes. And a University of New Hampshire logo re-design…has some UNH students upset.
Dean Spiliotes – Civic Scholar in the School of Arts and Sciences at Southern New Hampshire University and author of the website NHPoliticalCapital.com
Dan Tuohy – Associate regional editor for patch.com. Patch is a New Hampshire news source with 10 websites in NH
Ben Leubsdorf –staff reporter at the Concord Monitor, covering New Hampshire politics and state government