Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- From Gertrude Stein To Andy Warhol: Dramatic Readings Of Famous Rejection Letters
Word of Mouth
Wed October 9, 2013
Gangs Take Their Street War To Social Media
Gang violence is nothing new, but the rise of social media has catapulted even local gangs into the spotlight...for the police, and for each other.
Ben Austen is magazine writer based in Chicago. He wrote in Wired magazine about how hundreds of youth gangs of Chicago are using social media sites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.