Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Mon January 14, 2013
Getting Ready For Health Exchanges
The Granite State gets ready for what are called “health exchanges” under the Affordable Care Act. These are new marketplaces where consumers and small businesses can shop for health coverage, advocates say these will encourage competition and lower costs, but there are many unknowns, including who will regulate the insurance companies that participate.
- Todd Bookman - NHPR Health and Health Care Reporter
- Lisa Guertin - President of Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield New Hampshire and co-chair of the Health-Exchange Advisory Board
- Roger A. Sevigny - New Hampshire’s Insurance Commissioner
Click here to read the document "Joint Health Care Reform Oversight Committee 'Partnership v. Federal Plan Management: Impacts to New Hampshire Health Insurance Markets"