Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Mon January 14, 2013
Getting Ready For Health Exchanges
The Granite State gets ready for what are called “health exchanges” under the Affordable Care Act. These are new marketplaces where consumers and small businesses can shop for health coverage, advocates say these will encourage competition and lower costs, but there are many unknowns, including who will regulate the insurance companies that participate.
- Todd Bookman - NHPR Health and Health Care Reporter
- Lisa Guertin - President of Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield New Hampshire and co-chair of the Health-Exchange Advisory Board
- Roger A. Sevigny - New Hampshire’s Insurance Commissioner
Click here to read the document "Joint Health Care Reform Oversight Committee 'Partnership v. Federal Plan Management: Impacts to New Hampshire Health Insurance Markets"