Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Series: Shifting the Balance
Mon April 9, 2012
At Google, well-fed employees are a solid investment
Think about the workplace perks that keep you a contented employee. Maybe there's free coffee in the kitchen, or, perhaps, your pooch is allowed to wander among the cubicles.
Now, imagine your employer surrounded you with healthy, gourmet, locally sourced food all day. For free. And not just free for you, but for your visitors and your family, too. As part of our continuing series, Shifting the Balance, we follow KCRW's Good Food producer Gillian Ferguson to Google's Mountain View campus, where she found out why the web giant has made it company policy to keep employees well-fed. While the choices amount to some newer Googlers packing on the "Google 15," over time, Googlers are happier, healthier, and find it much easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle...all thanks to the boss.