Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
- First Of Five Health Insurers Outline 2015 Exchange Plans
- At Dartmouth, Sidelines Robot Could Be Key To Quickly Diagnosing Football Concussions
Mon December 17, 2012
Granite Staters Reflect on the Newtown School Shootings
Days after one of the most deadly school shootings in history many Granite Staters remain numbed, scared and angry. How could something like this happen... again? How could someone be that cold to kill innocent first grade children? What can be done so this doesn't ever happen in the Granite State, or anywhere else? Today get your thoughts, questions and suggestions?
- Donna Decker - Professor of English at Franklin Pierce College who teaches a course on school shootings. She's also currently writing a book about the issues surrounding the December 6, 1989 shooting at the Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal, Quebec.
- David Finkelhor - Director of the Crimes against Children Research Center, Co-Director of the Family Research Laboratory and Professor of Sociology at UNH.