Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed March 13, 2013
Grappling Over The Gas Tax
On Thursday, a House Committee with once again look at a bill for a 15 cent increase in New Hampshire's gas tax. Supporters say it's high time, the tax hasn't been raised in more than 2 decades and NH's roads and bridges are in serious need of repair. Opponents however say that this amounts to a 1 billion dollar tax on Granite Staters at a time when the state is recovery slowly from the recession. We'll hear from both sides of this debate.
- Representative David Campbell - Sponsor of HB 25. Campbell is the Democratic representative from Nashua and chair of the Public Works and Highways Committee.
- Senator Andy Sanborn - Republican from Bedford and chair of the Commerce Committee. He also serves on Capital Budget and Health, Education & Human Services.