Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Wed March 13, 2013
Grappling Over The Gas Tax
On Thursday, a House Committee with once again look at a bill for a 15 cent increase in New Hampshire's gas tax. Supporters say it's high time, the tax hasn't been raised in more than 2 decades and NH's roads and bridges are in serious need of repair. Opponents however say that this amounts to a 1 billion dollar tax on Granite Staters at a time when the state is recovery slowly from the recession. We'll hear from both sides of this debate.
- Representative David Campbell - Sponsor of HB 25. Campbell is the Democratic representative from Nashua and chair of the Public Works and Highways Committee.
- Senator Andy Sanborn - Republican from Bedford and chair of the Commerce Committee. He also serves on Capital Budget and Health, Education & Human Services.