Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Far North County To Get More Cell Coverage, High-speed Internet
Tue October 16, 2012
Guinta, Shea-Porter In Another Ad Accuracy Stir
The Guinta campaign has taken issue with another television ad in the race for the first congressional district. This is just the latest salvo of the tit-for-tat that has characterized the contest.
Guinta’s campaign is upset about an ad from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, because it makes the following claim…
Ad: Frank Guinta voted to make you pay over $1,000 dollars a year more in taxes.
The ad credits ABC News, but the Guinta campaign says that it’s false. They have sent a letter to stations airing the ad, asking them to stop doing so.
The general manager of WMUR, Jeff Bartlett says requests like these are a common tactic in the election season, though he says their station has received fewer this year compared to other elections.
Stations are required to air ads from the candidates themselves, regardless of the content, but this is not the case for ads from outside groups like the DCCC.