Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Mon July 1, 2013
Gun Control Tour Brings Arizona's Giffords To N.H. This Week
Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords will be in the Granite State this week to make the case for stronger gun control laws.
Giffords is scheduled to be in New Hampshire Friday, with her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly. Their trip is part of a seven-state tour focused on pushing for stronger background checks for gun sales.
The tour is organized by the group Americans For Responsible Solutions, which released a poll last week showing that 84 percent New Hampshire residents support stronger background checks.
New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte recently voted against a bill that would have expanded background checks, arguing it would expand a broken system.
Giffords was severely wounded by a gunshot to the head in a shooting in January of 2011 in Tucson. She later stepped down from her position.