Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Wed October 31, 2012
Hassan Raises More Than Lamontagne In Last Two Weeks
Democrat Maggie Hassan has raised more money than her Republican rival to succeed retiring New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch.
Hassan reported raising $261,000 over the past two weeks compared to the $183,000 raised by Ovide Lamontagne. Hassan has brought in $731,000 since the September primary while Lamontagne has raised $485,000.
Hassan entered the general election cycle with less money than Lamontagne — $16,000 to his $258,000 — but has not only closed the gap but has slightly surpassed him in fundraising. Each has raised about $1.8 million for their primary and general election campaigns.
The report filed with the Secretary of State on Wednesday shows that Lamontagne has more cash on hand. He has $179,000 available compared to almost $66,000 Hassan reported in cash available.